Sweatpants might take over the fashion world really soon. Why not: they’re both comfy and nice looking especially if you know what to wear with sweatpants to create trendy looks. Nothing but sneakers and tees pops up in your head? Then you might need some inspiration to help you get those cute outfits with sweatpants that would make all your friends wish they had thought of it sooner.
How to Wear Sweatpants to Look Trendy
We don’t have to tell you how to wear sweatpants right? You match them with a T-shirt, put on a pair of converse and then go for a run or to the gym or whatever and that’s it. But what if we’re talking fashion here? The task has suddenly become so much harder. If you’re aiming at casual sporty style – not to confuse with sporty sporty style – matching and even choosing sweatpants stops being a no brainer.
Heading to the gym you can wear whatever you like, but you want to keep an eye out for these details when shopping for fancy sweatpants.
- It’s crucial that the pant you choose have elastic bottom. There are few trendy ways to wear sweatpants with loose bottom. Come to think of it, it seems there’s none.
- Pants with a drawstring will make the best purchase you could be hoping for. For some reason such pants look a bit less sporty a bit more trendy and that’s exactly what we need.
- Choose the right color. Take time to try on at least 4 or 5 available colors cause even though the gray ones might be what most people eventually get you’ll probably fall in love with blue, green or marsala.
- Avoid logo patches and brand names sewn across the butt. There’s no way you can pull off any of these decent sweatpants outfit ideas with such a trashy choice.
- Prints are OK though – the crazier the better. Cat’s muzzles all over the pants? Great! Comics print? Nice choice! Favorite TV show characters? Approved!
BTW: Sweatpants shouldn’t be too tight, otherwise they’re gonna be yoga pants, so sweatpants outfits do not typically accentuate the curves.
So what do you match the sweatpants with? There’re obvious options like a T-shirt, a tank-top, a sweatshirt or a hoodie and there’re underrated tops such as denim shirts, plain natural fabric blouses and all kinds of jackets. Even coats! Don’t go all too fancy though: a silk ruffle blouse will look alien in this outfit. As for footwear there’re also few limits: starting from trainers and sneakers to biker boots to flip-flops to high heels… wait, what?
High Heels Sweatpants Outfit Ideas for Risk Takers
Yes, you got us right, it’s Ok to wear sweatpants with high heels as long as you’ve got the right type of pants. And heels. Even most passionate fashionistas could use a couple of tips on how to put this look together without looking ridiculous but what do we care, right? If you feel you’re gonna look great in it then go for it!
The most important thing about the pants here is that they have to have all the attributes of sweatpants except for the fabric. It’s the fabric that’s gonna make the difference here so it’s time to set out for a hunt and get yourself a pair of really fancy jersey, faux leather, velvet or wool sweatpants with a nice print and texture.
As for footwear fancy sweatpants go well with either super high heels or flats so if you’re planning on matching them with kitten heels, not really high wedges or classy pointed-toes you’d better change your mind right now.
Tip: There’s no need to put on a feminine top to pull off the high heel look if you don’t want to. If the boots or sandals you’ve chosen are not overly embellished even a plain top will do the trick.