If you’re tired of denim jackets try adding a new piece of clothing to your wardrobe – a denim vest. Which one should you choose and what are the best denim vest outfits?
Well, it all depends on what kind of person you are and what style you prefer to follow. What is it?
You say denim vest is out of fashion now and there’s no way one can look trendy wearing them? It’s time to prove you wrong with the help of these amazing denim vest outfit ideas!
Cute Denim Vest Outfits with Girly Stuff
If you picture a short light blue denim vest then you probably would go for a feminine look rather than a tomboy one.
The question is what to wear with denim vests like this and what kind of vest to choose not to look outdated.As a woman gets older, it's more about style than fashion. A woman knowing herself more and more, and looking for new things, is getting into her own personal style, being more than just a fashion addict. I'm interested in that.—Nicolas… Click To Tweet
- Plain vests are nice, but if there’s a bit décor like gemstones, sequins, or beads the vest’s gonna look just mesmerizing. You can also pin a brooch or add some beads with your own hands to create a piece of clothes that is completely unique.
- Light denim colors go well with light hues like white, mint, pale pink, or blue while dark denim is perfect for black, navy blue, green, vine, and other dark shades. But if you see that this particular combination works for you just go for it!
- Such vests look amazing both with skirts and dresses and the best thing here is that you don’t have to think too much about the fabrics and colors cause denim is capable of bonding pieces that look completely incompatible. As for pants, just don’t sweat it: unless it’s a pair of jeans you’re gonna look stunning.
- Pumps are a great idea for cute outfits with denim vests but if it’s not your favorite footwear type then just go for flat sandals or loafers.
The trickiest thing here is to match a denim vest with jeans, which is a bad idea in the first place, to be honest.
Too much denim will make you look as if you’ve just time traveled from the 90s so just try to avoid this at any cost. And if at some point you will just have to match them, go for the lightest top and the darkest bottom.I think fashion can do a lot. Fashion is very popular, so it can help broadcast a message and reach a new generation. —Maria Grazia Chiuri Click To Tweet
Also, it would be useful to keep in mind that there’s no need to button down your vest even though there’re buttons on it.
In most cases a vest which is buttoned down looks ridiculous, so just use it as a throw-on – this way to wear denim vests is the most common one.
Last but not least, when you want to take a break from being all girly and feminine just swap pumps for sneakers, a skirt for sweatpants and your denim vest will still fit it!
Tip: Regular vests are too boring for you? Then find one with a zipper instead of buttons to feel a little edgier.
What to Wear with an Old School Denim Vest
Rigid old school denim vests are oversized and clumsy at first sight so might feel confused about how to wear denim vests of this kind. Well, all the best options here are the simplest ones.
- Match this vest with PU leather shorts and a crop top adding shiny slip-on to look smoking hot for the date you’re heading to.
- For a subtle look choose a plain long white shirt that’s long enough to double as a dress. As for the footwear, a pair of Vans or Converse will do just perfectly here.
- If you’re going rebellious it doesn’t mean you have to give up high heels: black ankle boots with chunky heels, ripped black skinny pants and a white tee with a print or pattern will make you look both sexy and as if you just don’t care.
- Don’t forget the accessories: a cap or a hat will add charm to the outfit as well as a flashy bag or sunglasses.
If you think of pairing a rigid denim vest with loose pants and a loose top to reach the ultimate level of the old school, choose at least one thing that’s gonna be tight instead of baggy. This way you’ll avoid looking weird and shapeless.
Denim vest and a plaid shirt with black leather pants: it is an ideal image for city walks.
Denim vest and striped maxi dress with brown broad brimmed hat look sexy and stylish.
Denim vest and leather skinny pants with white converse. It is a perfect image for everyday wear.
Denim vest and black maxi dress with black sandals it is an interesting combination.
Denim vest and a broad-brimmed hat with brown gladiators will always be in style, we are talking about denim, which never goes out of fashion.
Denim vest and striped blazer with ivory necklace look stylish and beautiful.
Denim vest and striped mini dress with gray fedora hat look sexy and unusually.
Denim vest and black maxi dress with dark brown snood: it is stylish and strictly.
Denim vest and gray bodycon dress with brown sandals, clutch. The outfit is perfect for office.
Denim vest and flower maxi skirt with a black top: it is an ideal image for city walks.
Denim vest and white maxi skirt with a brown bag. Image is extraordinary and unusual.