How to Match Colors of Clothes?
Choose a color to match:
Or choose a print:
For not just fashionable, but also a beautiful look, it is important to be able to match clothes coloring improper order. Knowledge of shades and colors, applying it correctly, and use of correct combinations – that is what makes a true fashion artist. Finishing the image is always a hard task, as any woman doubts of what combinations to prefer in order to match colors correctly.
Tendencies in fashion change constantly – we also can see some long-forgotten tendencies reappearing again. Apart from that, some harmonious color combinations will always remain actual and fresh. In addition, if you know it, you will look flawless in any situation. Our table is here to save you the hassle and provide the best combinations. With its help, any fashion diva will look perfect!
Perfect color match table
|Black||Pink, orange, white, light green, yellow, red, light lilac.|
|Purple||Grey, yellow, golden-brown, mint, turquoise, orange.|
|Lilac||Pink, orange, olive, dark shades of violet, yellow, grey, white.|
|Dark blue||Mustard-yellow, light lilac, light blue, grey, brown, brown, green, orange, red, white.|
|Light blue||Grey, grey, red, pink, orange, white, yellow.|
|Turquoise||Yellow, wine-color, fuchsia, cream, brown, purple.|
|Emerald Light green||Grey, pale yellow, yellowish-brown, brown, dark blue, red.|
|Green||Orange, golden-brown, orange, yellow, light green, brown, cream, grey, black.|
|Olive||Brown, vivid orange.|
|Light green||Pink, brown, golden-brown, dark orange, grey, dark blue.|
|Golden brown||Brown, azure, grey, black, red.|
|Pale yellow||Brown, grey, fuchsia, yellowish brown, shades of red, purple, blue.|
|Lemon yellow||Brown, wine-color, grey, blue.|
|Yellow||Purple, lightblue, black, grey, lilac, lightblue, black, grey, blue|
|DarkOrange||Olive, pale yellow, wine-color, brown|
|Lightorange||Olive, brown, grey.|
|Orange||Lilac, blue, light blue, white, violet, black.|
|Rufuousbrown||Blue, dark brown, purple, green, pink.|
|Dark brown||Blue, lemon yellow, pinkish purple, mint, lime green.|
|Lightbrown||Cream white, paleyellow, green, blue, purple, red.|
|Brown||Pink, cream, straw-colored, green, vividblue, beige.|
|Crimson||Black, white, ticklishpink.|
|Wine-color||Sandyellow, grey, azure, beige, paleyellow.|
|Tomato red||Mint, blue, cream, grey, sand yellow.|
|Red||White, black, green, blue, brownish, yellow, fuchsia, lime green, yellowish brown, mint, grey, brown.|
|Fuchsia||Lime green, yellowish brown, mint, grey, brown.|
|Pink||Sky blue, brown, white, azure, grey, olive, mint.|
|Grey||Red, fuchsia, blue, violet.|
|White||Black, red, blue.|
|Beige||Azure, brown, blue, red, black, white.|
Color shades gradation
Color science professionals succeeded in the creation of a whole color system formation and matching of harmonious shades. In order to create a new fashion collection, designers thoroughly study color-matching technics first. Did you ever think of how much could a certain color affect people? Different colors and shades help to achieve a particular mood, form an opinion, and impress people. Therefore, in order to define how different shades can help in achieving a certain aim, we give you the color range. Colors are organized from pastel to vivid and saturated. Warm and cold shades as follows:
Using this color range, you can achieve any look you want without hard efforts. It is perfectly fine to include three to five tones in each color match. Red, blue, and yellow are considered as primary colors. All other extra colors include different parts of those above.
With the use of 50 percent primary colors, we obtain the following secondary: green, orange, purple. As we change the percentage ratio, other shades emerge. So, what would be another way to see if colors match perfectly? Let us get a bit deeper into the subject.
Shades combination principles
- Achromatic combinations mean that the main color would be either grey, black or white. These colors match one another perfectly, along with other subjects of the range. When making a look based on one of those, you would want to include some color-magnetic accent: scarf, brooch, footwear, bags, accessories, and jewelry. Many women prefer that type of matching, as it is hard to miss a shot here. Photos will give you some ideas of good combinations.
- Monochromatic combinations persist the idea of mixing certain color shades when creating a look (ranging from lightest and pastel to the darkest ones). Try including different nuances of one color that suits you. For example, from deep azure to lightest green or ticklish pink to burgundy. It is a rather simple concept; nonetheless, it always looks simple, yet elegant. To dilute a bit dull image, try using some neutral colors like grey, black, or plain white. Alternatively, the textured fabric will do.
- Complimentary combinations are composed using opposite colors or ones in contrast. Pairing red and green, yellow and purple, blue and orange: all these make the most popular and easy contrasts. That technic suits brave and daring souls, as it is very hard to go unnoticed wearing that.
- Triadic combinations can be controversial in colors and the most harmonic in a look at the same time. This technic relies on mixing three colors that sit apart on a spectrum circle, at the same angle one to another.
- The main scheme includes three colors (red, blue, and yellow).
- The produced colors scheme utilizes combined colors (orange, green, purple).
- The third-wave scheme takes colors blended from primary and a derived one. Orange and yellow, yellow and green, red and orange, green and blue, purple and red, blue and purple can provide some good examples.
How to make a favorable match correctly?
So the main question is still here: What combinations we use to get that awesome look and we should avoid? As a rule, the best combo is made of one to four colors – mixing more successfully is a rare case. Single color and close shades’ clothing look dull, yet overly aggressive color usage can lead to irritation, loss of concentration, and anxiety.
Color range harmony and right proportions should be upheld. If you use three colors to create an image, then the main color must prevail, the second should balance out the first one, and details and accessories need to include the third one. Neutral shades (grey, black and white) are very versatile and mix well with any vivid and bright colors. These extra colors should work as a detail attractor.
Plain black elements will make a stylish combo with simple straight-forwards colors. It may be orange, yellow, blue, and red, of course.
Close shades can also form a harmonic look (purple, blue, and pastel blue, for example). Opposed colors make awesome images as well: purple and yellow, red and green, etcetera. In order to make you look more fit and sporty, make sure to choose lower parts of your clothing in darker shades. Pastel colors of all kinds make a nice look together without any restrictions. Pale peach-pink, lemon yellow, light blue, and pink shades will always make a unique combination.
Don’t be afraid to mix colors as you want it and look stylish, elegant, and gorgeous!